Boards & Committees (Appointed by GTC BOC)

The Grand Traverse County Board of Commissioners is responsible for appointing members to a number of special boards and committees throughout the community. The process established for appointments (PDF) is available online.

Please Note - In most cases, only residents of Grand Traverse County are eligible for appointment to these boards and committees.

A list of the various Boards and Committees with a brief description of their responsibility can be located at Listing of Boards and Committees. An application form is also provided. We invite you to submit an application at any time. All applications are kept on file for a period of 1 year and reviewed in the event of a vacancy.

Current Vacancies

Building Authority - Citizen Representative (for the remainder of the term ending 12-31-19)
Economic Development Corporation (3 Citizen-at-Large vacancies for terms ending in 2017, 2018 and 2019) 
Also, many Boards have appointments that will be ending at the end of 2016.  Applications are being sought in order to assure that we have the most qualified individuals interested in serving the community, to fill each of these vacancies that occur.  Current terms for some members will expire on the following boards:  Road Commission, Veterans Affairs (Desert Storm conflict), Building Code of Appeals, Department of Human Services, Parks & Recreation, BATA (Rural Representative) , Airport Commission, Board of Public Works, Planning Commission,  and Commission on Aging.  
We use the Traverse City Record Eagle and TC Ticker as well as other means to recruit interested parties for vacancies as they occur.   Applicants will be contacted directly by email (preferred) or telephone to set up interviews with the Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of Commissioners. Applications should be submitted by fax to 231-922-4636, by email or in person to:

County Administration 
Governmental Center
400 Boardman Avenue
Traverse City, MI 49684

Helpful Information

Additional questions/comments may also be directed to the Board of Commissioners Office at