Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Smart 911?
- What if I call 911 by accident?
- How do I request a presentation?
- What do I do if I see a dog left inside a vehicle?
- Why do dispatchers ask so many questions?
- Do I call 911 even if it is not an emergency?
- Where and were was my vehicle towed?
- How do I report a narcotics issue?
- How do I obtain a burning permit?
- What is CodeRED and why is it important to me?
- When will CodeRED be used?
- Does the CodeRED system replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
- Does the CodeRED system already have my telephone number, or do I need to sign up to receive CodeRED notifications?
- I have a business located in Traverse City. Can I arrange to have CodeRED contact my business?
- What if I want to register additional numbers for my address?
- Is my personal information protected?
- How will I recognize a CodeRED message?
- What should I do if I receive a CodeRED message?
- I have a cordless phone, and it does not work when the power goes out. How will the system be able to contact me?
- Will the CodeRED system leave a message on an answering machine?
- What happens if the line is busy?
- What circumstances might prevent a message from being delivered to me?
- What are your hours?
- Where are you located?
- What time is fingerprinting?
- What are the hours for the Jail?
- Can you fax me my accident report?
- I was told my accident report will be automatically sent to the insurance company. Is this true?
- Is there a cost for an accident report? Do you accept debit cards?
- Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?
- How do I obtain a copy of a police report (other than traffic accident)?
- I was arrested last night. How can I get a copy of my police report?
- Why did I not receive a copy of my accident report in the mail?