Emergency Management2600 LaFranier Road
Traverse City, MI 49686
Report Suspicious Activity
Remain vigilant and report suspicious activity
Every citizen can serve as the eyes and ears of law enforcement to help safeguard our county. Be alert and aware of your surroundings and report suspicious activity to local law enforcement. A quick, accurate description of events, vehicles and people can make all the difference in apprehending a potential criminal. Report activities or circumstances that seem unusual.
- Someone showing unusual interest in utilities, government buildings, historic buildings or similar infrastructure. Pay particular attention to someone photographing, videotaping, inquiring about security, drawing diagrams or making notes about such facilities.
- Suspicious or abandoned packages, luggage or mail in a crowded place, such as an airport, office building or shopping center.
- A stranger loitering in your neighborhood or a vehicle cruising the streets repeatedly.
- Someone peering into cars or the windows of a home.
- A high volume of traffic going to and coming from a home on a daily basis.
- Someone loitering around schools, parks or secluded areas.
- Strange odors coming from a house or building.
- Open or broken doors and windows at a closed business or an unoccupied residence.
- Someone tampering with electrical, gas or sewer systems without an identifiable company vehicle and uniform.
Reporting Suspicious Behavior
If you have information regarding suspicious or criminal activity, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
In addition, tips may be reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.