Sheriff's OfficeThomas Bensley, Sheriff
Nathan Alger, Undersheriff
851 Woodmere Ave
Traverse City, MI, 49686
Text Size: Print
- What are your hours?
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where are you located?
- 851 Woodmere Avenue, Traverse City, MI 49686
- What time is fingerprinting?
- Wed. 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and Wed. 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Jail, 320 Washington Street
- There are fees for fingerprinting and only cash is accepted. (Jail can provide the current fee structure)
- What are the hours for the Jail?
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday- 8:00am-5:00pm
- Wednesday- 8:00am-7:00pm
- Can you fax me my accident report?
- Due to privacy issues our department does not fax accident reports. Those wishing to receive a copy of an accident report should contact their insurance company or request the report through the Sheriff’s Office.
- I was told my accident report was automatically sent to the insurance company.
- False, the insurance company must request the report on your behalf or you may stop in our lobby when we are open.
- Is there a cost for an accident report? Do you accept debit cards?
- $5 per accident
- We do not accept debit cards or credit cards.
- Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?
- County Clerk’s Office
- How do I obtain a copy of a police report (other than traffic accident)?
- A form is available at our front desk to complete a request for a non-traffic report. There are fees associated with the copy. $2.00 first page, plus $0.25 per additional page. You can also fax in a request to 231-995-5014. Be sure to include what you are requesting and contact phone numbers. The requests are reviewed by the Division Commanders to determine if the requested information can be given legally and within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act.
- I was arrested last night and want a copy of my police report.
- Either the defendant or the defendant’s attorney can contact the Prosecutor’s Office at 231-922-4600 to obtain a copy and inquire if there is fee.
- Why did I not receive a copy of my accident report in the mail?
- The accident report must be requested. This can be done in writing or in person when our lobby is open. There is presently a $5 fee to obtain a copy of the accident report.
- The Secretary of State telephone number for Traverse City is 1-888-767-6424