Planning & Development
Department400 Boardman Ave
Traverse City, MI 49684
Phone: (231) 922-4676
Text Size: Print
Brownfield Redevelopment Authority (BRA)
The Grand Traverse County Brownfield Redevelopment
Authority promotes and facilitates the reuse and redevelopment of environmentally impaired properties.
The Grand Traverse County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority was established in 1997 under the Brownfield Redevelopment Financing Act, PA 381 of 1996, as amended.
Primary Functions of the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority:
- Facilitate the redevelopment of environmentally contaminated and under utilized properties located within the County.
- Oversee the process of reviewing, approving and management of Brownfield plans and work plans for site redevelopment through the use of tax increment financing, tax credits, grants and loans and in association with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality and the Michigan Economic Growth Authority.
- Work to clean up sites with contaminated soil and groundwater.
- Redevelop contaminated sites to reduce development pressure on the green spaces. Redeveloped properties increase in value and thereby increase the tax base.
- Facilitate creation of new jobs and employment opportunities in community.
Wednesday of the month at 8:00 a.m.
Brownfield Redevelopment Authority generally meets on the last